Attack The Block writer and director Joe Cornish is apparently obsessed with Bigfoot and he wants to take that obsession and turn it into a movie! The legend of Bigfoot has captured the imagination of people for a very long time and there have been a handful of Bigfoot movies made over the years. But, Cornish has such a fun style of filmmaking and storytelling and I think he would make an awesome Bigfoot movie!

During a recent interview with /Film, Cornish shared that he’s got an idea that’s been brewing:

"Sometimes I think about genres that nobody's done well, and the thing about Bigfoot is there are a couple of really good movies, like 'The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot.' I love that movie. There's a lot of really good stuff in 'Legend of Boggy Creek,' and there are a lot of really good '70s ones, but nobody's done the really f**king great movie in the way that, do you know what I mean? It's a genre that feels like it's waiting for the prestige, sophisticated, super f**king great movie to come along."

If you haven’t seen The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot yet, that’s a movie you’ve got to watch! It’s so good! Legend of Boggy Creek is pretty good as well. Most Bigfoot moves that are made are really bad low-budget films. Cornish went on to share more about his fascination with Bigfoot, saying:

"[Bigfoot is] such a pervasive myth, and when I watch those things, the good ones really send a shiver up my spine in a way that no other contemporary mythology does. Weirdly, when I was a kid, I went on holiday to California and I stayed with my uncle who worked in a saw mill in Yakima, Washington. It turned out it was the same sawmill that guy Bob Heironimus worked at, who was one of the guys that people say was in the suit in the Roger Patterson film. Anyway, listen, man, you don't want to get me started on this shit. We'll be here all night."

I would love to see Cornish make a Bigfoot movie! Hopefully, he gets the opportunity. He most recently worked on the upcoming ghost-hunting adventure series Lockwood & Co., which I’m looking forward to watching.

What do you think about Cornish wanting to make a Bigfoot movie?


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post