What happens if you mix The Great British Baking Show and Agatha Christie? Well, you might get something akin to The Great British Bump-Off. The upcoming limited series from writer John Allison, artist Max Sarin, and colorist Sammy Borras sounds fantastic. Across the four issues, fans will follow a woman who just wants to win a baking competition but ends up having to solve a murder. It sounds like a lot of fun honestly.

When she enters her country’s most beloved baking competition, Shauna Wickle’s goal is to delight the judges, charm the nation, and make a few friends along the way. But when a fellow contestant is poisoned, it falls to her to apprehend the culprit while avoiding premature elimination from the UK Bakery Tent… and being the poisoner’s next victim!

Talking about the series, Allison shared:

I’ve made a lot of comics, I’ve read a lot of mysteries, and I’ve eaten a lot of cakes. You might say that I’ve been preparing for this series since I tasted my first fondant fancy. And as I’m working with Max and Sammy again, readers can be assured that the confection will look as good as it tastes.

I for one am excited to read The Great British Bump-Off #1 when it hits local comic shops on April 12. The issue will have a fun variant cover from artist Dan Hipp as well. If you prefer collections, all four issues will be gathered for a paperback edition and available to pre-order soon from your local comic and bookstores. The collection will be available starting November 1.

unnamed (52).jpg
unnamed (53).jpg

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post