For those of you worried about the state of Keanu ReevesConstantine 2, don’t be! The actor will 100% be back to reprise his role as John Constantine in the highly-anticipated long-awaited sequel. Despite the DC Studios shake-up from James Gunn and Peter Safran, Warner Bros. has confirmed the movie is still in the works and the fans couldn't be more excited.

The news comes from Entertainment Weekly, and it’s going to be fun to see Reeves back in the role of this badass DC character. Francis Lawrence is also returning to direct the movie with Akiva Goldsman as producer and screenwriter.

There aren't many details to share about the movie yet, and we have no idea when it's gonna hit the theaters. But one thing's for sure, Keanu has been pushing for this sequel for years and finally, the stars have aligned. The actor previously said that almost every year he would ask the studio to make a sequel until they finally said yes.

"I don't know if it was unfinished business but it was definitely a role that I loved. And I thought that Francis Lawrence, the director, did such amazing work. I loved playing that character, and I really enjoyed the film. I was like, [in a Oliver Twist voice] 'Can I please have some more?' "I kept asking almost every year. I'd be like, 'Can I please?' and they'd be like, 'No, no!'

Reeves went on to share his excitement for the project:

"So it's exciting. It's almost like an open playground that we can hopefully cook something up and play in, and I guess get out of the playground and prepare a meal. But I'm looking forward to it, and hopefully it can happen. You don't know how these things go. But I'm definitely going to try my darndest to try and realise that dream."

Fans who were worried about this sequel not happening can now breathe a sigh of relief. We can’t wait to join John Constantine on another hellish adventure!


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post