James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is being billed as “one last ride” for the fan-favorite team of misfit heroes. This third film in the Guardians trilogy will close out the story that Gunn initially set out to tell and it sounds like it’s going to be quite an emotional movie-going experience as fans say goodbye to some of these characters.

During a recent interview with Chris Pratt, he talked about his emotional farewell to the franchise saying: “It was really emotional for so many reasons that it would take too long in this interview to even get into. But it just was emotional. It was a lot of gratitude around the fact that James Gunn actually directed it and was able to do that. Just grateful that he even gave me the job to begin with.”

Pratt went on to say: “It’s been an incredible ten years, so to wrap it up in this way, it’s a little bit like your last day of school when you’re a senior. You’re so excited that it’s over, but at the same time, you don’t know if you’re going to see any of your friends ever again. Some of them are going off to college, and some of them are leaving, and some are going in the Army. It’s like entering a new phase, and a new chapter of your life. It’s the turning of a page.”

While I’m excited about the movie, it is going to be sad to see this story come to a close. These are some of my favorite characters in the MCU, and it’s going to be rough to say goodbye.

Dave Bautista previously opened up about his character Drax and explained that his story ends in the perfect way, saying: "We all had those perfect character arcs and such a storybook ending. I constantly relate it to the way I ended my wrestling career. I ended it on a storybook note. And I would never go back and tarnish that. And it's the same with this. With Drax, I just got to end the perfect way. And I would never sign up for another job as Drax just to get a paycheck. I would tarnish that [perfect ending], and I won't do it."

Zoe Saldana previously shared her thoughts on the franchise coming to a close saying that it was a sweet departure, saying: “[Filming] started bitter in the beginning cause obviously you’re anticipating the end, but I’m just so happy that once again I got to work with great people. I had an evolution that I witnessed of myself, but also my director and my cast. I just felt very blessed and grateful. It was a very sweet departure, I have to say.”

When talking about the film as a whole, Gunn teased that it’s “bigger in every way” and that it’s “completely different” from anything that came before. He said:

"This is a much bigger movie than the other two movies, and it's a much more emotional movie than the other two movies. And it's a longer movie than the other two movies – it's bigger in every way." he said of filming Vol. 3, "It was really comfortable, actually ... I'm really familiar with the actors, so I know what they have to do." 

"They've gotten better at their jobs so that I don't have to bash them around so much. In a lot of ways, it was really easy – it's really natural for me. I understand this. But I'm also really pushing myself and trying to create something completely different from what came before it, but that also honors what came before it."

Karen Gillan, who plays Nebula, added, "It definitely feels like the most epic. It's complex, and the characters are having to deal with that. It's very emotional for all of them. And then we're also dealing with the fact that this is the end of an era of sorts, and so there's a lot of emotion."

It sounds like this is going to be a special movie and it’s going to take fans on quite a journey.

In Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 “our beloved band of misfits are looking a bit different these days. Peter Quill, still reeling from the loss of Gamora, must rally his team around him to defend the universe along with protecting one of their own. A mission that, if not completed successfully, could quite possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will hit theaters on May 5th.

Via: Comicbook


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post