While we continue to wait for Hideo Kojima‘s Death Stranding 2, Elle Fanning talks about the highly anticipated game and says that her friends think the project is "the best thing I've ever done." She stars in the game alongside Norman Reedus, Léa Seydoux, Shioli Kutsuna, and Troy Baker.

During an interview with Josh Horowitz on the Happy Sad Confused podcast, Fanning offered a little insight into what it's like working with Kojima on the project, saying: "I think when I signed up for it I wasn't sure what it would entail, I didn't know that it would be true acting and scenes.”

When talking about the difference between filming on set and filming using motion capture tech, Fanning explained: "There's like emotional scenes in it and Hideo's [Kojima] there and he's like 'okay… now you cry', and you're like 'oh my God! Okay…' so like I have to get in the mood but in the whole [mocap] suit." 

When talking about seeing herself in video game form, she said: "I have seen, but you know, like the game is, you look like you - it's me, but [it] does look cool."

Fanning is not a gamer, but the actress "definitely will play" Death Stranding 2 when it’s released., She went on to say: "All my gamer friends, they're like freaking out, this is the best thing I've ever done in ever in their eyes."

There’s nothing that’s been revealed in regard to the story for the game, but it sure does look great! Kojima previously shared that he wrote the story for the sequel prior to the pandemic, but ended up rewriting it “from scratch” because of the pandemic. Kojima jokingly said that he “didn’t want to predict the future,” which is why he rewrote it.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post