Fast X co-star Alan Ritchson recently revealed that Keanu Reeves was originally supposed to play his character, Agent Aimes, in the latest installment of the Fast and Furious franchise. But, thanks to a “little stroke of luck and good timing" the role ended up going to Ritchson. During a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, the actor said:

"I was working on a movie with Hilary Swank up in Winnipeg in the freezing cold, and I got a call that things had shifted in the plans with Keanu Reeves, which is I think who was originally intended to play my part. Tough act to follow.”

The Fast and Furious franchise producers have been trying to Reeves into the franchise for years! Original franchise writer and producer Chris Morgan said a few years ago: “I sat down with him and we’re talking about. I wanted him to be in the Fast universe for a very long time. We’re just trying to find… the hardest thing is always time and competing schedules and then designing the right thing together. My fervent desire is to bring him into this franchise for sure.”

Well, they almost got him! But, in the end, I’m sure Reeves is better off not having appeared in Fast X. That character he would’ve played wasn’t very interesting anyway.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post