Hugh Jackman and Bryan Singer worked together and collaborated over the years on the X-Men franchise. In the years since they’ve worked together, Singer has been accused of sexual misconduct by several men, there have been reports of difficult behavior on the sets of his films, and he’s significantly fallen from grace.

During a recent interview with The Guardian, Jackman was asked about Singer and if his alleged behavior tainted his view of the franchise that made him the big star that he is, and he responded: “You know, that’s a really, really complicated question.” He went on to say:

“This was my first movie in America, you gotta understand; it was all so new to me. I think it’s fair to say that…There are some stories, you know…I think there are some ways of being on set that would not happen now. And I think that things have changed for the better. There’s way less tolerance for disrespectful, marginalizing, bullying, any oppressive behavior. There’s zero tolerance for it now and people will speak out, and I think that’s great.”

In regards to Singer and if his bad reputation has affected the legacy of those movies, Jackman says:

“There’s a lot of things at stake there. X-Men was the turning point, I believe, in terms of comic-book movies and I think there’s a lot to be proud of. And there’s certainly questions to be asked and I think they should be asked. But I guess I don’t know how to elegantly answer that. I think it’s complex and ultimately I look back with pride at what we’ve achieved and what momentum that started.”

He should be proud of his work on those films! It’s not his fault that Singer went down the path that he did. Jackman is set to reprise his role as Wolverine in Deadpool 3, which is set to be released on November 8, 2024.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post