Dave Bautista’s time as Drax is coming to an end with James Gunn’s The Guardians of the Galaxy. I imagine this will bring an end to story arcs for some of the other characters in the team as well. One thing we know for sure is that Gunn is going to bring this trilogy to a close, and I have no doubt he’s going to deliver an awesome final film in the trilogy that he set out to make.

During a recent interview with Variety, Dave Bautista opened up about his character Drax and explaied that his story ends in the perfect way. He also explained that he’s never going to play Drax again just for a paycheck. He said:

"We all had those perfect character arcs and such a storybook ending. I constantly relate it to the way I ended my wrestling career. I ended it on a storybook note. And I would never go back and tarnish that. And it's the same with this. With Drax, I just got to end the perfect way. And I would never sign up for another job as Drax just to get a paycheck. I would tarnish that [perfect ending], and I won't do it."

That’s good to hear, a proper ending for Drax is all we can hope for. Bautista previously talked about playing Drax saying he doesn’t want this silly performance to be his legacy. He said:

“I’m so grateful for Drax. I love him. But there’s a relief [that it’s over]. It wasn’t all pleasant. It was hard playing that role. The makeup process was beating me down. And I just don’t know if I want Drax to be my legacy — it’s a silly performance, and I want to do more dramatic stuff.” 

There was so much more that could have been done with the character Drax, but it looks like this story arc is all we’re gonna get.

In Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 “our beloved band of misfits are looking a bit different these days. Peter Quill, still reeling from the loss of Gamora, must rally his team around him to defend the universe along with protecting one of their own. A mission that, if not completed successfully, could quite possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 stars Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Dave Bautista as Drax, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, Karen Gillan as Nebula, Sean Gunn as Kraglin/on-set Rocket, Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Bradley Cooper as Rocket, and Vin Diesel as Groot. New additions to the cast also include Will Poulter as Adam Warlock and Chukwudi Iwuji as the High Evolutionary as well as Daniela Melchior, Nico Santos, and Borat Subsequent Moviefilm's Maria Bakalova as Cosmo the Spacedog.

The film is set to hit theaters on May 5th, 2023.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post