It was really great to see Hayden Panettiere reprise her role as Kirby in Scream VI after taking a four year break from acting. While she was stabbed in Scream VI, she didn’t die, and she lived to fight Ghostface another day! 

The actress took some time off to work on herself. Before Scream VI, her last film appearance was in Custody in 2016, and her last television appearance was in Nashville in 2018. Since it’s been so long since she acted, she was worried that she couldn’t act anymore, so she was a bit nervous while shooting Scream VI. She explained in an interview with Entertainment Weekly:

"It was daunting, honestly. I was a little bit worried. I was worried that I couldn't act anymore. I mean, I took four years off. I had to remind myself of what I could do and to make sure that I could still do it. But I knew I made the right decision. This was the best, the best first movie back that I could have dreamt of. It was like coming home. I was 21 when I did Scream 4, and Wes Craven, the whole cast, the whole crew, it was such a family. I was hoping to find the same thing here, and I very definitely did. Matt [Bettinelli-Olpin] and Tyler [Gillett] and the whole cast. I mean, just incredible, just incredible people."

Panettiere also talked about her experience making the fourth film saying:

"It's one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life and my career. Wes was so warm and kind, and considerate, and like a father. He takes his time to teach you how to do a horror movie, how to work with the timing, the anticipation. He's like, 'It might seem long to you, it might seem like it takes too long to you, but the timing has to be perfect.' He taught me the art of that. He was a wonderful human being."

Panettiere has always had a natural talent for acting. I remember watching her in her first movie role in Remember The Titans and how she stole every scene that she was in. I knew she was going to be a successful actress, and she went on to have an amazing career!

Now that she’s back in action and acting again, I looking forward to seeing what other projects she ends up landing in the future.

When discussing how she managed to land the role in Scream VI, she explained that she reached out to directors Tyler Gillett and Matt Bettinelli-Olpin. They previously said they considered having Panettiere make a cameo in the fifth film, but Panettiere is the one who made Kirby's return happen. She said in another interview with Good Morning America: 

"I didn't know what I wanted to do. I did have to take those four years off, and thank god I did. I had to work on myself - my mental health, my physical health, my spiritual health. And then when ['Scream'] popped up and came back around, I was like, 'I want to be a part of that again because I hoped that Kirby was still alive. I willed her back into existence and I called them."

Were you happy to see Panettiere come back for Scream VI?


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post