Lucasfilm’s Willow series will not be getting a second season on Disney+ as Disney has officially canceled the show. I can’t say that I’m surprised, while there were aspects of the show that I liked, I feel like the story, script, and characters weren’t that interesting, and it sucks because I actually was excited about this show! I’m such a huge fan of the original movie and I wanted this series to be great! But, it just didn’t click with me, and it obviously didn’t click for a lot of other fans.

While I watched the full series, most people I know and have talked to about the show never made it past the third episode as they just lost interest. It’s a shame because this series had so much potential, it should have been so much better than it was! Jonathan Kasdan wrote the pilot and served as co-showrunner alongside Wendy Mericle, and there’s no doubt that they are bummed out by the news.

In the series, Warwick Davis is back as Willow as he leads an unlikely crew of heroes on a quest to protect Andowyne from an even larger foe than they had imagined possible. It introduced several new characters that had to face their inner demons on their adventure and come together to save their world.

The series was produced by Ron Howard who had hoped for the series to get a Season 2 and he previously said: “Well, there’s always been a hope and a plan for more seasons. There’s certainly more story to tell, but there’s nothing concrete that I can comment on right now. From a creative standpoint, everybody is energized. Everybody loved working on Willow. It felt like it found its voice and its footing, so we’re just standing by.”

One thing that Kasdan wanted to expand on was Madmartigan’s story, which he previously said was far from over. But, now it looks like he won’t get to tell that story. This news update definitely sucks for the creative talent behind the series, and the audiences that enjoyed it.

What did you all think about Willow?!


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post